• The New Zealander

    1400 Webster Street Alameda CA 94501 Telephone: 510-769-8555 Fax: 510-769-1176
  • Operation Hours

    Pub
    Monday
    4:00pm – 10:00pm
    Tuesday
    11:30am – 10:00pm
    Wednesday – Friday
    11:30am – 11:00pm
    Saturday
    11:30am – 2:00am
    Sunday
    10:00am – 10:00pm

    Kitchen
    Sunday – Tuesday
    Opening – 9:00pm*
    Wednesday – Saturday
    Opening – 10:00pm*
    *Pub Pies served even after Kitchen closes

    Happy Hour
    Monday – Sunday
    4:00pm – 7:00pm

    Late Night Happy Hour
    Saturday
    10:00pm – 2:00am

  • Photos

  • Pub pies and pints.

    Located in the heart of Alameda in the historic Crolls building is The New Zealander, the Bay Area’s only New Zealand restaurant.

    We offer pub-style meals in a friendly atmosphere. Our full bar includes domestic and imported beer on tap, plus beer and wine from Australia and New Zealand.

Introducing Alameda’s own Rock Wall Wines!

2007 Rock Star Blanc, California

PRODUCTION NOTES
A blend of Pope Valley Sauvignon Blanc and Napa Valley Chardonnay. The grapes were whole cluster pressed and fermented: 70% in stainless steel at 45°F for 2 months. The remaining 30% was barrel fermented in one and 2-year-old French oak barrels and was left sur lies for 6 months. The two lots were combined in March 2009 and stored in stainless steel until bottling.

WINEMAKER COMMENTS
This crisp, dry white wine is a refreshing blend of 60% Sauvignon Blanc and 40% Chardonnay. Crafted as a harmonious blend of two distinct varietals, the finished wine incorporates both, the crisp, herbal notes of Sauvignon Blanc in concert with the ripe, supple apple and vanilla medley of Chardonnay.

2007 Rock Star Rouge, California

PRODUCTION NOTES
A blend of three varietals, this main grape is Syrah from the Napa Valley.  In addition to the Syrah a small amount of Terperanillo and Cinsault are combined for layers of complexity.  All the grapes were hand-harvested and crushed to small fermentors, with 15-20% of fruit left as whole-clusters.  During the extraction, caps were punched down 2 times daily and pressed after a warm fermentation.  Aged in Demptos American oak barrels, the three wines were blended in March of 2009, lightly filtered and bottled in April 2009.

WINEMAKER COMMENTS
The Rock Star Rouge is a blend of 45% Syrah, 21% Cinsault, and 34% Temperanillo. This extraordinary blend of stellar wines has been crafted to showcase the beautiful concert created by these particular varietals, each with unique origins in the Rhône and Provence regions of France, and Northern Spain, respectively. The finished wine is a perfect symphony of dark berry fruit, violets and anise, with a hint of peppery spice.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: